2022-05-15

Fresh pre-release

Published as pre-release version 2022.5.14.0

This can be installed from a recent Wren version - or alternatively download the installer (see the wiki for more info on updating or installing Wren).

  • Made a Mambi module for ambiophonics output.
  • The XYScope module got a correlation display, see it’s internal help for more info.
  • Another fix on the ProbGraph module, the left- and right-most points were not always properly glued. .
  • Made Wren startup a little bit faster.
  • Made Wren shutdown a lot faster.
  • Improved and streamlined some non-audio timing code.

TModMambi.jpg

The removal of the ambiophonics plugin from the electro-music.com store made me see the old ambiophonics thread again and decided to implement that one for Wren. The module blurb says:

Mosc’s ambiophonics module, or Mambi.

See https://electro-music.com/form/topic-27871.html for Mosc’s original idea.

The delay maxes at about 320 us, the default delay setting of 0.25 makes the delay ab out 80us which is what the original uses.

The width parameter can be modulated, the modulation input is 1.0 when unconnected and it will be multiplied with the knob set value once connected.

As the module is strictly monophonic, the width modulation only works on the first voice. The inputs are summed though over all voices and the ouputs are distributed over all voices.

Tried to make some center filling code for it - but I was not convinced and left it out in the end.

2022-05-02

RIP Klaus Schulze

Klaus Schulze’s music was one of the reasons, decades ago, for me wanting to do things with synthesizers - may he float on eternal waves; I’m glad he pressed record so often!

Here is a little patch I did after re-listening some of his work. It also demonstrates the use of the latest two new modules and the analog trigger mode of the envelopes - as I happened to be working on those things when the news reached me.

download the patch - it needs Wren version 2022-.5.2.0 or later (see previous post).

klaus.png

2022-02-07

Changes to DataGraph and ClockGen2 modules

data_graphs_02.png

Published as pre-release. 2022.2.6.0]

A couple more changes on the DataGraph and ClockGen2 module, such that they work better for me.

I’ve relabeld a couple of signals; sync is now quantise as that is what it actually does; the rate is now labeled as bars / m (bars per minute) and the div rate is now accents.

here is a new bars control added for the ClockGen2 module - this is the number of divisions to be used in the DataGraph and this can be automated by pulling a wire from ClockGen2’s new bars out to the new horizontal divisions input of the DataGraph (left of the 16 in the image).

For the DataGraph moduele the way divisons work changed a bit - it is now possible to have uneven divisions (existing patches may want to double their division settings, this also applies to the AudoGraph module). No middle indication will be drawn whe nthe number of divisions is odd.

The image shows how to work with this, both time and pitch are quantised this way without the need for precicise dot placement in the DataGraph.

Made an example patch for this, it is to be seen seen, heard and downloaded from below (possibly after clicking ‘Read more…’).

[Read more…]

2022-02-01

Changes to the DataGraph module

TModDataGraph.jpg

Published as pre-release. 2022.2.1.0]

Note: image shows the latest version of the module, click on read more below to see the old version.

Changed the graph colors a bit to make the new dots mode better visible. The dots mode basically is the same as the steps mode except there are no lines drawn between the dots. Then I made the lines (and dots) mode actually work - which they did not.

Also a chg (changed) output was added and a sync input.

[Read more…]

2022-01-27

New envelope - of sorts

NOTE: as of version 2022.1.28.0 the module has inbuilt stretch on the trig input, and no extra module is needed for pulse lengthening.

TModEnvReso.jpg

Published as pre-release. 2022.1.26.0]

Made a new envelope module of sorts.

I had been experimenting before with a State Variable Filter (SVF) set to low frequencies as a method of getting some ressonance in the processed signal. Worked that out to use a time setting instead of a frequency setting for the filter and allowing for very long times (ultra low frequencies … like once per hour) and for pretty short times like 500┬Ás (2kHz - in the audio range).

There are some details and an example patch (including a short mp3 recording from it) in the more section.

[Read more…]

2021-06-24

Some more demos

Some relatively simple audio demos, and patches they were made with. These are all from self playing patches (noodles).

[Read more…]

2021-06-07

Wren demos

Some audio demos, and patches they were made with. These are all from self playing patches (noodles).

[Read more…]